Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce- Trade Mission to Dubai
Dundee & Angus Chamber of Commerce in partnership with SDI are delighted to invite you to join a delegation of business on their multi-sector Trade Mission to Dubai from 18th to 22nd April 2020.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the UK’s most important trading partners and one of the fastest growing markets for UK exports. In 2018, exports to the UAE from the UK totalled more than £10.5 billion and we had a trade surplus of more than £4 billion Dubai is a regional hub and commercial capital for the Middle East, North Africa and beyond and an important market for re-export into other countries.
The majority of the UAE’s population consists of expats, including a considerable British presence. British companies operating in the UAE include BP, Shell, Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Mott McDonald, HSBC, Marks and Spencer, Waitrose and John Lewis.
Key sector opportunities
- Financial Services
- Airports and aerospace
- Defence and security
- Cyber security
Trade Mission Criteria
- Open to any company in Scotland looking to grow their international trade activity
- Companies do not need to be a member of a Chamber of Commerce
- Non-refundable deposit of £200 required to secure each delegate place
- Cross-sector delegation
The following is a draft agenda only and will be subject to change.
Saturday 18th – Delegation to Travel to Dubai
Sunday 19th – Market Awareness welcome lunch
– 1-2-1 Meetings & Site visits
– Delegates Dinner (PM)
Monday 20th – 1-2-1 Meetings & Site Visits
Tuesday 21st – Evening networking reception
Wednesday 22nd – Delegation to return to UK
- 1 day export training tailored specifically to doing business in the UAE (the contract for this will be issued this week and the consultant is confirmed to deliver)
- Access to SDI and DIT contacts in market to help with making connections on the ground for one to one meetings
- Hosting the delegation at the embassy
APPLICATION FORM (please return completed forms to the email address below)
You can watch our Doing Business in the UAE – Opportunities in Dubai Webinar HERE
Further information coming soon however please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to register your interest for our Trade Mission.