FREE ACCREDITED TRAINING OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYERS
“Training the Trainer for Mentoring Women in STEM Apprenticeships”
West Lothian College are delighted to be delivering this exciting and innovative new course.
Starting on August 22nd this course will enable organisations to make a real difference to support and encourage females into STEM industries.
The ‘Training the Trainer’ approach has a number of benefits:
- Sustainability – the train the trainer approach embeds the skills within the organisation to enable ‘cascading’ of information by existing, trained staff
- Cost effectiveness – on site training for staff saves time and money, both in terms of travel and training costs, and time spent away from the workplace
- Company specific- your in house trainers already understand the organisation, its culture and employees
- Quality Assurance – trainers become champions to ensure effective implementation of the training
- Promotes a learning culture – the train the trainer facilitates rapid expansion of skills and knowledge across your company
What is involved for participating employers and candidates?
- Identify and release candidates to participate in the ‘Train the Trainer Mentoring Women in STEM Apprenticeships’ training day
- Provide dedicated time and administrative assistance for participant(s) to develop their 3 hour training session
- Provide or develop systems to coordinate and promote:
- Training for mentors
- Mentoring initiative for female STEM apprentices
- Release staff to participate in ‘Training for Mentors’ training session
- Participate in the evaluation of the pilot, including staff trained as trainers, and staff trained as mentors
- Participate in the one day ‘Train the Trainer Mentoring Women in STEM Apprenticeships’ training course
Following the course candidates are expected to:
- Prepare a training course for workplace mentors
- Submit a detailed outline for a 3 hour volunteer induction training course
- Deliver a 3 hour training course to prospective mentors, observed by an SQA assessor
Numbers are limited so please book your place quickly.
If your company is interested in participating in this free development and training opportunity, or would like more information, please contact Kirstie Farmer email@example.com or Lynn Bain firstname.lastname@example.org