Apply Today – Ireland Multi Sector Market Visit
27th – 29th November| Dublin, Ireland
Scottish Development International (SDI) and West Lothian Chamber of Commerce are organising a three-day multi-sector market visit to Ireland to help Scottish companies explore opportunities for their business.
Ireland is the UK’s largest export market for food and drink and second largest market for clothing, fashion and footwear. With trade in other sectors continuing to grow, and two-way trade stands at over 1 billion EUR per week, Ireland is an ideal first step market for UK companies.
Strengths of the Irish market include:
- strong bilateral trade between the two countries
- strong economic environment
- flexibility and range of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) representing 99.8% of active enterprises in Ireland
- 3 million British tourists visit Ireland every year
- highly educated workforce
Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Ireland include:
- English speaking
- same time zone
- strong transport links
- similar regulatory and legal framework
- ideal starter or test export market
- sophisticated consumer market
- open economy, used to imports
- good perception of the quality of British goods and services
The market visit will be multi sector. However, the following sectors have been identified by the SDI field team as offering good opportunities:
- Financial and Business Services
- Chemical Sciences
- Technology digital and media
- Life Sciences
- Food and Drink
- Engineering and advanced manufacturing
Wednesday 27th November
- Travel to Dublin
- Transfer to Hotel
- Delegates Welcome Dinner
Thursday 28th November
- Market Briefing
- One to One meetings/Site visits
- St Andrews Day Reception
Friday 29th November
- Optional One to One Meetings
- Travel back to Scotland
Market visit support
SDI will support companies attending before, during and after the market visit with the following:
- Connect with experts and professionals on the ground, such as SDI market specialists, business associations, Department for International Trade (DIT), local businesses, accountants, solicitors
- Provide market research to support delegates to set up one to one meetings with potential agents, distributors, clients, buyers, partners while in market
- Export training prior to the visit to make sure all delegates are market ready and understand the culture, finance, route to market options
- Financial funding for 50% flights and accommodation (up to £200) for eligible companies
Companies are responsible for booking own flights and accommodation. However, we will suggest flights and hotels, so the delegation can travel as a group and stay in the same location.
The deadline for applications is 30th August 2019.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Please note by booking your place you agree to us including your name and company name in a delegate list and to photographs being taken at the event for use by the Chamber and its partners. On occasion the event may be filmed please notify the organiser if you do not wish to be filmed.
What happens if I need to cancel?
If you are unable to attend this event, you are able to send a substitute in your place. Please notify the Chamber of any changes.
If you need to cancel the booking entirely, please give at least 2 days’ notice or you will be liable for the full charges for this event, event package holders will have the event credit deducted.