Train the Trainer Mentoring Women in STEM Apprenticeships
The Train the Trainer Mentoring Women in STEM Apprenticeships programme is an SQA accredited module at SCQF level 7. The programme trains and assesses candidates on the development and delivery of training which the candidate then delivers to mentors of female apprentices within their workplace.
This qualification has been designed in partnership with Equate Scotland to support organisations in the recruitment and retention of female apprentices within STEM sectors.
This qualification covers areas such as good practice and resources for mentoring as well as unconscious bias and gender awareness in order to build an understanding of what women working in STEM environments might experience.
Upon successful completion, candidates will gain a recognised qualification and the organisation has a sustainable model for mentoring.
What is the course duration?
The programme has an expected participation time of a total of 10 hours. This includes a 6 hour ‘Train the Trainer’ workshop which candidates attend. The remainder of the candidate activities are undertaken in the work place.
What will I study?
To achieve the qualification candidates must:
- Attend and participate in the one day Train the Trainer workshop
- Produce a Training Plan and Training Presentation, within 3 weeks of the training workshop.
- Deliver a training session in the work place observed by an assessor
What are the entry requirements?
- No prior qualifications are required to undertake this qualification.
- Candidates must be able to produce and deliver a training presentation (using Microsoft Power Point).
- Candidates must be in a workplace where they can identify mentors within the workplace to undergo training.
The next training session is taking place at West Lothian College, Livingston on Wednesday 20/11/19
The cost for the course is £180. Places are limited therefore if you can meet the entry requirements, are able to commit to the study plan and wish to attend, please reply by return email including a completed course booking form click here no later than 30/10/19 to email@example.com .